Please read the Terms and Conditions carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Once you book a tour with us, you accept these terms and conditions by default.
Once we have confirmed your booking, a contract will be concluded between M Fau Calypso Diving Part. LTD and yourself on the terms below. “M Fau Calypso Diving Part. LTD” is hereinafter referred to as “we”.
- Once the deposit or full payment has been made, you will be given a seat or seats on the relevant tour / activity and a confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail. This will be your booking confirmation.
- By booking, you accept these terms and conditions.
- We take no responsibility for incorrectly specified e-mail addresses. If your confirmation did not arrive on time or at all, you must contact us to resend the e-mail confirmation of your tours or activities.
- All internet bookings will be confirmed by e-mail.
- We reserve the right to sell all reserved seats without deposit having been paid or full payment.
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to verify the accuracy of the data booked for the tour / activity.
- Travel insurance of up to THB 1,000,000 (in case of death) and THB 500,000 (in case of injury) is covered by our insurance. You must provide your full name for the insurance one day before the trip. Failure to provide in time or incorrect information may result in the insurance company rejecting any claim.
- We are not responsible for any injury or loss that you might face while participating in tours / activities. We strongly advise you to take comprehensive insurance coverage for cancellations, medical expenses, personal accident, personal luggage, money and public liability insurance before you travel. We take no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage of personal belongings at any time during the duration of your tour / activity.
- If you participate in Scuba diving activities, you will need comprehensive diving insurance covering both, medical costs up to THB 500,000 and death coverage of THB 1,000,000. We are offering an insurance for THB 150 per person per day.
Bookings made online through us are subject to the following cancellation policy:
- Cancellation from the 5th day before the tour / activity: 20% of the price of the tour / activity
- Cancellation the day before the tour / activity: 50% of the price of the tour / activity
- Cancellation after 4 pm on the day before the tour (this includes no-show on the morning of the tour): 100% of the price of the tour / activity
Cancellation is always possible in the following situations:
- In case of unexpected illness or injury we will refund the full amount. For this we need a medical statement confirming that you or your companions were too ill to attend the tour / activity.
- In the event of damage to the boat, the boat’s machinery or in circumstances which endanger the safety or do not allow a tour.
- In case of bad weather. If the weather is unstable or weather forecasts indicate adverse conditions, we reserve the right to cancel the tour.
- The tour / activity will either be rebooked to another date or you will be refunded your paid amount.
- Already booked tours can not be canceled and rebooked, if special offers are made available. This applies to all offers and other offers that may be available.
- Any refund agreed with the management will be processed within 10 days.
- Our tours start with picking you up from your hotel, your resort or meeting point on Koh Samui. It is your responsibility to be ready for the given standby time.
- The standby times are approximate and depending on the car traffic on Koh Samui.
- You will receive a phone number in case the pickup does not start within 15 minutes after the given standby time.
- We have many nice guests from all over the world. Some of them come from cultures where it is very rude to let someone wait too long. Therefore our driver will leave if you arrive too late to the meeting point or the reception of your hotel / resort. You are still welcome on our tour. You can come by own means of transport or by taxi. However, the costs for transport to our departure point will be at your expense. You must call the phone number provided to let us know that you are coming. Please note that we can not guarantee to wait for you. In case of a deposit or full payment in advance, no refund will be made.
Your obligations and responsibilities
- You must inform us about any illnesses that require attention or medication before beginning your tour.
- You must inform us if your diet requires some attention, such as vegetarian food, religious rules or allergies. We can not guarantee to meet all dietary requirements. If you need a very special diet, we ask you to bring your own food.
- During the tour, our instructor may take pictures and movies of you (as part of a group) while you are a passenger. These may be used in our brochures, on the website and / or in promotional material without further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and / or films. The instructor may offer the processed material for sale to guests of Calypso Diving.
- When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you. The full payment for such damage or loss must be paid directly to us. Failure to do so will result in the performance of any and all claims (including legal fees) that we make against you as a result of your actions.
- We would like to ask you to come to our tour with a positive attitude, ready to enjoy your adventure with us. At all times, you must show courtesy and respect for our boat crew, instructors, guides and, above all, to the other tour members.
- If you do not do so, we may, at the discretion of the management, ask you to leave the tour.
We take care of you and your well-being. If you have questions, please ask. If you have any requests, please let us know. If there is something we can do to make your day perfect, please let us know.
We employ great people, from the boat crew to the instructors. They all try to give you all the necessary reasons for a perfect day. Especially our instructors are experienced in reading the signs of anxiety or stress. But we can not look into you. To avoid any situation that could make you feel unhappy, please contact us. We are there for you. It is important for us to ensure that you feel cared for, safe and have a nice day. If something bothers you, do not keep it to yourself and talk to us. Be nice to yourself and be nice to us, and tell us what bothers you.
In the highly unlikely event that you wish to file a formal complaint against us or a team member, inform an instructor at that time. If the matter can not be resolved immediately or during your tour, after the instructor has made an effort, your complaint should be addressed written, in person at the dive center or by phone. Please file this complaint within 30 days so that it can be investigated. No claims will be considered after the 30 days have expired. During your complaint, you will be guaranteed respect and courtesy.
Under no circumstances we can be held responsible for the weather conditions. If the weather is too unstable for the tour, we will rebook you for another date or refund the amount already paid. No booking can be canceled or changed by you at any time due to weather conditions.
- The booking conditions listed here contain the entire contract between yourself and us. No assurance, condition, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, publicity or conversation. This contract can only be changed in writing by a explicitly authorised employee of us.
- This Agreement and any ensuing matters are governed by the laws of Thailand. We both agree that disputes, claims or other matters arising out of or in connection with this contract or your holiday will be treated only by the courts of the Kingdom of Thailand. Changes to these booking conditions are only valid if confirmed by us in writing.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our brochures and other printed materials at the time of going to press, but we can not be held responsible for misprints or errors caused by unforeseen circumstances.
- Calypso Diving Koh Samui is operated by:
M Fau Calypso Diving Part. LTD
27/5 Moo 3 Chaweng Beach Road
Bophut, Koh Samui, Surat Thani, 84320, Thailand
+66 (0) 77 422 437 / +66 (0) 89 871 9432
TAT License no: 34/00248